Welcome

This blog is about our journey of fixing up our house. We have learned a lot and have a lot to learn. Our goals on this journey are to: work hard, save money and make it our own. We have felt such satisfaction and love making this house our home. We hope that we can help you to do the same. Happy fixing...

Wednesday, October 10, 2012

paint colors

paint colors
 
 
I have been a painting fool for the last few months. I will have many painting posts but this one is just about finding colors and what colors I have used. Whoever loves pinterest raise your hand. This is how I start. I type in "gray paint" or "living room paint" then I look through and pin the colors that I am drawn to. Then I go to this blog. It is called Favorite Paint Colors. You can either type in the colors that you found or continue your search either looking by colors, or rooms. They have pictures from other DIYers. I find this so helpful because the paint samples I see or bring home are so hard to visualize in an actual room. If they don't have the color I am interested in then I just "google image" it. I am so much happier with my paint colors this way. The old way of just searching through paint samples at the "tool store" never really worked out for me. The color on the little card looks totally different when it is on a wall.
 
 
Here are the colors I have in my house:
 
 
Front door - Benjamin Moore, Wythe Blue
 
 
Kitchen, breakfast nook and entry - Benjamin Moore, Early Morning Mist 1528
 
 
Front room - Benjamin Moore, Rockport Gray (probably my favorite right now)
 

 
Dining room - Benjamin Moore, Moonshine

 
Master bedroom - Benjamin Moore, Stonington Gray
 
 
Nursery - Sherwin Williams, Sea Salt (added white paint)

 
 
 
Guest room - Restoration Hardware, Silver Sage

 
Kitchen cabinets - Benjamin Moore, White Dove

 
Trim - White Dove
 
*Tip - I didn't know you could do this when I started so I will share it. You can basically get any color you want from a vendor of your choice. For example: You really love that color in the Pottery Barn catalog but you don't want to pay $60+ for the Benjamin Moore paint. Well you don't have to! Most places (Lowes, Home Depot, Sherwin Williams, etc.) have the color codes from competetors in their computer. I am not saying anything about the quaility of paint here, just the color. It might be a touch off but I have had great results using Sherwin Williams paint in Benjamin Moore colors.

2 comments:

  1. I sooo love your front door paint! Anything mixed of green and blue is very pleasurable to my eyes. They’re my favorite colors, that’s why. :)

    - Please visit our website

    ReplyDelete
  2. Simple in color but looks great. I liked the color nice view :)

    Lifetyme Exteriors

    ReplyDelete