Welcome

This blog is about our journey of fixing up our house. We have learned a lot and have a lot to learn. Our goals on this journey are to: work hard, save money and make it our own. We have felt such satisfaction and love making this house our home. We hope that we can help you to do the same. Happy fixing...

Thursday, October 18, 2012

hanging the mirror

We finally hung the mirror.
 Ta da! I have been so nervous about what mirror I should get for our mantle. It was between a gold leaf oval mirror (above) or a round wood mirror. I decided on the oval. I was going for a whimsical, clean, warm feel.I bought this one from overstock.com so I couldn't really see it in the flesh (or in the wood?). Which it is by the way, heavy wood. I am very pleased with my purchase. It is very sturdy and beautiful. I wish I could bump up the size about 7% but do love it. Want to know what else I love? Dan hanging it. It took about an hour but was placed perfectly.
Because of this...

..and this.
This guy is so busy. Doctor by day, personal contractor by night.
 
Next on the list of mantle-business is the stone/concrete area that surrounds the fireplace. Any thoughts?


2 comments:

  1. This post made me smile! I love the mirror...great choice, by the way...but I love the pics of your committed husband. That is just SUCH loyalty. What a pair you two make!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The design of the house is really great! Simple but pretty. Eco-friendly !! Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete